Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good Finds!!

This is what i scored at My Goodwill last week!!

This is the best picture i could get..seriously.. it is a jacket..that i plan on cutting..to make a plaid zebra rug..just kidding...but not really..it is to help accent my little corner..

thinking maybe a pillow..shaped like a zebra..just kidding...or am i??!!

But the best part...ONE Ugly Jacket...would have cost me $20.00 in the "better jacket" section of My Goodwill...but it had a blue tag on it..and blue tags were only $1.00!!!

What in the world!!



this sweet piece of sunshine is growing in our kitchen window...

Sammy got it as a seed last fall at Papa Bruce's Farm ..a field trip

with his little class...growing in a little styrofoam cup..this flower just keeps growing..and today..opened her pretty face to see the world...

Our Friends Clay and Rhonda just had their first Baby Tuesday morning!!

Sweet Baby Charis

9 lbs 4 oz.

21 1/2 inches..!!

Welcome sweet girl!!



can i get you a drink for your pretty coaster!!??




more Goodwill finds... look what a $1 total can do for my little window..
in the little corner of my world!!



oh..a much better picture...



some of my little shadowboxes.. these i made a couple years ago..when i must have bought about 3 dozen of these frames...i just took scraps of fabric that coordinated with our pillows and curtains...and a piece of heavy black cardstock...this actually was going to be my template..and i was going to trace and precisely cut out the letters again..but i decided..these did the trick!!
i just used my handwriting with a pencil..and as i was coloring it in to create the thickness of the letter, the pencil made the black paper seem as if it was actually a metal... these are to the right of our door as you are walking out!!
so this is one use..
in the bathroom you will find these two shadowboxes of my guys...
gotta love a comfy, cozy bath picture..

..or two..

and still some more shadowboxes..
hubby got them for me to put the boys "come home from the hospital outfits" in!!
these are to the right, just before the boys room...along with their hands "Stitched in time"
at 7 weeks old..My Mom made these..and i just love them..fingers so tiny...love so big!!
I am finally all better..and Sammy too...we've been down for the count for the past few days...
he's back at school..and i am back to work...here i come cloud nine!!
Have a Love-fully day!!

7 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Joy- Oh, I want to come over for tea! Your house with all the custom lovely decorations of your sweet boys (and Goodwill treasures!) is so full of love! Warm fuzzies reach all the way to me.:) Love ya, Sweetie! Lori

Elise said...

Um, gosh, what to comment on first...I love it all!!
I am wishing I had made little handprints like that.
Love the coat and a super sweet deal you got!!
The coasters are amazing!!
Your shadow boxes are super cool!!
I so want to come to your home and soak it all in...
Jealous twin sister here...
{tries-comment verification-tries to be like Twinsie Joy??}
Oh, and glad you are feeling better!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Sweetie pea...sooooooo glad you are feeling better!!!!..I am trying to get my creative mojo back...perhaps a post...who knows!Cannot wait to see you & my grand-guys again!...love you lots...miss you more...Mommy

Anonymous said...

What awesome finds!....and BEAUTIFUL creations!
so glad you're over the weather now ;)

love u!

sara said...

Love the coaster!!!

Ruth said...

Such beautiful things. I love the coasters and the shadowboxes. So sweet.
You were able to find some wonderful things at Goodwill.
Ruth

mommax3 said...

I LOVE the coming home outfits in a shadow box! What a terrific idea, I might just have to steal that one ;) Also the bathroom shadow boxes, how cute are they!!


J Bouquet Brooch by Cherrypips Copper Uppercase Letter O Y coloured card disc letter f U L Black L, with tree N E S S

Smylie

Smylie

Sammy

Sammy

The Nester

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed